I'm super excited to have Britney the creative force behind Seams & Sprinkles
on the blog today, sharing one of her favorite desserts! Today, she's sharing a simple and delicious recipe for her Cherry Cheesecake Lasagna! Genius! So, without any further adieu...
Hello, my name is Britney and I am the writer behind Seams & Sprinkles
I have been writing on it for about a year and a half now as my creative place share all my latest brainstorms to really make them come to life. One place that I frequent to get my creative blogging juice flowing is The Blog Bar
. This is where I had the opportunity to connect with Tracy and learn about her wonderful blog and scrumptious treats.
In December, she shared her Very Merry Cranberry Martini with my readers and they just loved it! I thought I would return the favor and send over a new recipe that I just created! One thing that has been all the craze at all the events I have been attending is chocolate lasagna and if you don’t know what this is you need to look it up because you are truly missing out! Using this fluffy, chocolatey “lasagna” concept as my inspiration, today I am sharing my brand-spanking-new recipe for Cherry Cheesecake Lasagna!
So if you are ready to make this simple delight that will certainly satisfy your sweet tooth, let’s get started!
- 1 ¼ cup of graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup butter melted and cooled
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1, 8 oz package of cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1, 8 oz container of Cool Whip
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- Fresh lemon zest
- Fresh mint for garnish, optional
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix the graham cracker crumbs, granulated sugar and butter with a fork until combined.
- Lightly spray the bottom of a baking dish (I used a 7x 11 size) and add the graham cracker crumb mixture on top. Lightly press down until the pan is evenly coated. Bake for 10 minutes and remove from the oven. Allow the crust layer to cool completely.
- Using a stand mixer or hand-mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add in the cup of powdered sugar a little bit at a time and beat the mixture until combined and smooth.
- Add the Cool Whip to the cream cheese and sugar mixture and beat until combined.
- Top the graham cracker layer with the cream cheese mixture.
- In a separate bowl, add a little fresh lemon zest into the cherry pie filling to freshen it up and mix to combine.
- Add the cherry pie layer over the cream cheese layer.
- Place the Cherry Cheesecake Lasagna in the fridge and let it chill for a minimum of one hour.
- When you are ready to serve it to your favorite guests, take it out of the fridge and cut into sweet squares, the size of your heart’s choosing!
- Top each square with fresh mint and enjoy.
And don’t just limit this lasagna to dessert time, it is perfectly acceptable to enjoy for a meal, too! I promise I won’t judge you; it is called lasagna
Thank you so much for letting me hang out with you today dear friends of Suite & Savory! If you want to connect with me sooner than later, you can find me on my blog
or via email: email@example.com. Take care and I cannot wait to hear from you soon!